Monday, February 14, 2011

Nothing says Valentines Day like...

1. Spending 4 hours in a Girl Scout cookie trailer filling 24 troop orders.

2. Eating pigs-in-a-blanket and mac-n-cheese with my kids (thanks, Gramma and Pops, for letting us crash dinner after a sudden change of plans! Such a yummy surprise! :-) ).

3. Ending the day by laying on the couch at 8pm in my pajamas watching The Bachelor with my husband.

*While it may not sound like a romantic, spectacular Valentines Day to all you young'ens out there, today was just another perfect day for the Johnson family. Though we don't usually acknowledge this particular holiday, I did find myself smiling at the Facebook posts and pictures of everyone's flowers and cards and candy. And each time I saw another box of candy or red balloon, I would just say a quiet prayer of thanks to God for blessing me with the three best gifts I could ever ask for. My life truly is complete with Chad, Brooklyn, & Jake. But I didn't need February 14th to come around to remind me of that.

Happy Valentines Day, everyone! And whether you were celebrating big with the one you love or celebrating "Singles Awareness Day" quietly at home, I hope that you remember the One who loved you first.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. And the greatest of these is love." -1 Corinthians 13:13

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails