Thursday, December 18, 2014

Thanksgiving...A time for love, togetherness, and Reese's cups

Thanksgiving for me is like the Gateway Holiday. It's the day that opens that door to the season of "Eat anything you want because a new year is coming in a few weeks and bathing suit season is not for another 6-7 months."

So, when Brooklyn asked me if she could make Oreo Candy Turkeys for Thanksgiving, I said "why not?"

Because nothing says Thanksgiving like turkey, stuffing, and Whoppers...
...and a pot of melted chocolate chips on the stove.

Brooklyn watched a YouTube video, made a list of all the ingredients, gave said list to her Sugar Mama (hahaha...pun intended), and made them essentially by herself. She did a great job and they turned out very cute.

Jake...well....Jake will totally get through life with his personality and good looks.

We had about 25-30 people over on Thanksgiving Day for dinner. We do some creative furniture moving and housekeeping, but we ultimately make it work, and I am thankful my family allows me to host this holiday each year.




The garage works great for a buffet and extra seating.
I mean, who doesn't want to eat off fine china and stare at a poster of the General Lee?

 

This year, my amazing sister in law came up with the best idea to make a Thankful Tree. We had leaves and apples cut out where guests could write what they were thankful for and tape it to the tree. Lots of sweet things listed from adults and kids alike.




And this wasn't technically on Thanksgiving, but the day after Thanksgiving, I tried my hand at making pecan pie cupcakes. O.M.G. These were amazing. Yellow cupcakes with pecan pie filling and buttercream icing on top. Delish.


I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend filled with lots of carbs and sweet treats (and maybe a good run outside to balance things out). :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails