Friday, July 18, 2008

update to the house update

So...where to begin...I guess I would just say to all you home sellers out there- "Take your house off the market!". As I said in my last post, we decided to take it off for a few weeks to "breathe" and allow us to just start over in August fresh and new. Well, this week I went home for lunch in the afternoon one day and found an elderly couple sitting in front of my house. Chad was inside trying to reach me on my cell (which was ringing as I was walking up the driveway). They approached Chad and asked if they could see the inside of the house. They were looking for their daughter and grandchild. Well, against my better judgement and how my mother raised me, we let strangers in our home. So, I sized them up deciding that I could take the older lady and Chad would have to get the man, had my phone in hand ready to dial 9-1-1 in case they tried anything funny, and positioned myself between them and the kitchen knives. We were ready for the house tour. It was quick, they were nice, said they would call our realtor, and left. Well, they did call Glenda, made an offer, we countered, they came back to look at the house, they accepted the counter-offer, they came back to look at the house, they signed the papers, we signed the papers, and the house is now sold- YIPPEE! It's been a whirlwind of a week, but we are excited about this new stage in our life. And when we return from vacation we will be in "find a new house" mode for a while.

So, the moral of the story is.....shake things up in the housing market and things will happen.

And now, I am in the "grieving for my old house" stage and thinking about all the things that I will miss....but that's for a future post.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Way to go - it always happens when you least expect it! Congratulations on the sale!

Casi Jae said...

YEAH!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you guys... what a great week... looks like you have had one busy summer... it was great seein you even if it was for a few mins. Ill see you soon, Im sure... Ok well I will talk to you later girl. Congrats.....

Emily Cole said...

Yay Jaclyn! Now you can have the GREAT FUN of finding a new house! Once you really start looking it will be so much fun, and you won't grieve so much for the old house. I love how you positioned yourself between them and the kitchen knives! Ha ha!

familyofmgms said...

Congrats on selling your first house! Don't focus on what you are losing by leaving the old place behind, but think about what a wonderful place it was to transition you into your new life! Trust me, I've moved so many times. Where are you going to try and move? Are you still thinking the Adams Farm area?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails