Tuesday, September 16, 2008

more house updates...

Here's Brooklyn sitting on the kitchen counter in our new house.....it's proof that yes, we are actually moved in, but I have yet to clean up a room enough to take a nice picture to post. :-)

Some updates to my post "Late Night Ramblings"...
Things I will miss about Eagle Road:
It's our first home: Well, it does hold, and will always hold, a special place in my heart, but as I stated before...it's just a house.
Brooklyn's first (and only home): She made many memories in that house, and I look forward to the many will be make together here at the new house.
The backyard: We have a great backyard here- thank goodness!
My gardenias: Seriously, I am kind of over them already. Sadly, I never did have a green thumb. Vaccuming: I have found that I can vaccum the new house using two plugs, so that's not too bad.
The hole: Dad and I looked, and although we don't have a wall where we can make another hole, the space is open enough, I think we will be OK. :-)
The Stevensons: We will always miss you guys!

And now an update on things I had looked forward to at the new house:
Duel sinks in the master bath: Honestly, the duel sinks are not that great (more to clean) but the COUNTER SPACE is incredible in the master bath!
Cool sink nozzle/sprayer in the kitchen: Yup, love it!
Hardwood floors: Spills have been great to clean up downstairs (no stains on the carpet upstairs yet!)
A place to have a big Christmas tree (in the LIVING ROOM): Yet to be determined since, thankfully, I have a few weeks until the holiday season
New carpet and paint upstairs (that I didn't have to do!): Some rooms I like, some not so much now that we are moved in with our stuff (like the master bedroom)
Side by side fridge with an ice maker (that's connected!): Once I figure out the best way to store food efficiently, it will be great.
Retractable, remote controlled awning on the patio (cement, not brick- yay!): We've already spent a lot of time outdoors and that extra shade has been nice.
Neighbors with kids (three years old, too!): We met Peyton, a three year old, next door- VERY cute and friendly!
A dutch barn (as opposed to the "out house" looking contraption we call storage now): Already filled with crap; I'm gonna have to get in there and clean!
A bonus room (or as Brooklyn calls it, "her dancing space"): Been a GOD SEND for all her toys
CLOSETS: Like the dutch barn- already filled up but up for a good cleaning out when I get the chance (or when we move again, whichever comes first)
A breakfast table (more chairs for everyone!): We LOVE our new table from World Market.
Surround sound: Not hooked up yet; Probably will never be

So, that's a quick house update...I promise to post pics soon.

In other news, we had a GREAT Saturday with my girlfriends from UNC and their sig others. To celebrate Loryn's birthday we went to Chateau Morisette winery in Floyd, VA for the day. It was a day of eating, drinking, laughing, and sitting! It was a wonderful day and I should have more pics to post soon, but here is one at the end of the day.
McKenzie, Jaclyn, Loryn, Heidi, and Jennifer (Marisa had left at this point but I think I will have a pic of the six of us soon.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails