Wednesday, November 12, 2008

An Update and Way Back When-esday!

We've been doing great in the Johnson house....staying busy, as usual. Last week, I had a Girls Night with my dear friends, Heidi and McKenzie, and we went up to our old stomping ground, UNC, to see another dear friend, Brendan James. His name is in my "Music to Check Out" section on the left side of the page, and he did a great show with his band in our old Student Union. I just love Chapel Hill- there is just no other place like it. I had a great time there for 4 years, and despite missing Chad, it was some of the best years of my life. I'd like to say that I will be happy to let Brooklyn go anywhere she wants when she goes off to school, but I think I REALLY want her to go to UNC. :-) Then, Chad and I can have some of those Granville breakfasts again...right, babe? At least, we have MANY years for that decision.

And speaking of years....our Contemporary Christian service, Shout, celebrated our 5 year anniversary on Sunday. We had about 105 people attend, and it was just an awesome celebration service. For those of you who don't know, Chad and I helped start this evening worship service with about 10 other people in November of 2005. It's been a wonderful ministry to our church and the community, and we have formed such a great family with the attendees. It's been a wonderful 5 years, and we look forward to many more!

And finally, here are some pics for your Way Back Wednesday!

Brooklyn and her sweet "big sister" Allie (2006):


Brooklyn modeling a hat and gloves made lovingly by her Great Grandma (2007):

That's all I have time for today! I hope you are all doing well, staying warm, and gearing up for another joyous holiday season!


1 comment:

Cheryl Lage said...

Congratulations on the 5 year anniversary! What an accomplishment!

And what darling pictures of your cuties...how sweet of Grandma to make such a wonderful (and clearly appreciated!) gift. :)

Thank you so much for participating in Way Back When-esday, Jaclyn!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails