Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Where, oh where, did November go?

I cannot even believe that it is December 2nd already. Brooklyn told me today that she cannot wait to hide eggs for Halloween tomorrow, and that about sums up how I feel these days. The holidays are racing by and before we know it, it will be Christmas. Thanksgiving week was pretty much a wash for me. I came down with some sort of upper-respiratory-we-cannot-give-you-antibiotics-virus that lasted a full 8 days, so despite not having to work, it was no fun mouth-breathing for a week. Luckily, I began to feel better on Thursday when 28 of my closest family members came over for Thanksgiving dinner. We loved hosting it in our new home, and utilized every possible space to make it accomodating for everyone (THANK YOU WEATHER!). Everyone pitched in and brought over yummy food, and it turned out great. I hate that I didn't take any pictures, but hey, if you were orchestrating a meal for 2 1/2 dozen peeps, you probably wouldn't be whipping out the camera either. :-) I was exhausted by the evening and was in bed by 8:45 and asleep by 9. Between early bedtime and not being able to breathe at night, I found myself wide awake at 4:45am. So, I did what any other person would do. I took a shower and headed out to Kohls for Black Friday. Craziness ensued, dropped about $200 at Target before daybreak, ate Chick Fil A for breakfast (with a LARGE sweet tea), and then headed to my mom's at 8am to meet her and my mother in law for more shopping. We had a great time Black Friday shopping together and got a lot done before Thanksgiving leftovers for lunch. My darling Chad allowed me a two hour nap that afternoon, and I started feeling myself by Saturday. Saturday morning, we headed up with all the grandparents to pick out and cut down our Christmas tree in the mountains. I'll try to post pics tomorrow. Brooklyn loved decorating the tree on Sunday, and it's been fun decorating the new house. Monday was back to work and back to feeling healthy (thank goodness since the band played at UNCG's Wesley Luther House Monday night). We have four shows with Grace Reigns Down this week, so I am so thankful that my voice has come back, and I am just now praying that Chad stays healthy! :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails