Wednesday, June 11, 2008

when I grow up...

So, last week, Brooklyn's school started "Summer Camp." Now, this is somewhat of a joke, because she goes there year round and really nothing changes during the summer. BUT, some smart guy at the school said "Hey, let's start a summer camp, charge parents $30, and make them feel guilty if they don't pay because the kid will be there anyway and will be left out." So, obviously, I paid my $30. So far it's gotten me (well, Brooklyn), a visit from a dietician (to which Brooklyn comes home and tells me that we don't eat anything that comes out of our bottoms. Gross, I know! Her teacher assured me that this did not come from the dietician, but Brooklyn derived this from her own logic), a "cookie decorating class," a visit from Flame- the Fire Safety Clown, and a lime green t-shirt that's cute, but I think was designed by one of the 5 year olds. And that's just one and a half weeks...so I may be impressed where my $30 gets me (er, Brooklyn) by the end of the summer. Today, she was supposed to come dressed as what she wants to be when she grows up. What three year old do you know has made this type of life discovery? I asked Brooklyn this morning, and she said "I don't want breakfast." My point exactly. So, we went searching through her closet for something to wear (UNC shirt- well, that's a given, a Greensboro Grasshoppers t-shirt- maybe another day, dresses/skorts- no different than any average Wednesday) and found this Mets Cheerleading Outfit. Hmmmm.....it's really cute, she has no other reason to wear it, Grandpa's a fan, and she was super excited about it so there were no early morning clothes fights. Sold. So, I am now declaring that when Brooklyn grows up, she would like to be the captain of the very first New York Mets Cheerleading Team. Take that Village Kids.

3 comments:

Emily Cole said...

That's really cute! She's so adorable!

JasonandMC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth said...

When I was little I wanted to be a cheerleader when I grew up. My sister wanted to be a "chasherator operator" ie. she wanted to work at a cash register! How easily entertained we were as kids

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails