Sunday, October 16, 2011

Slow Cooker Sunday: Chicken Divan

Tonight's dinner was a gem that I found on the Crock Pot Guys Facebook Page. I seriously have not been this excited about a meal in a few weeks, but this one is now a new favorite.
It was DELICIOUS!

Chicken Divan

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
4 cups broccoli florettes
1/2 cup mayo
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt and white pepper to taste for chicken
1 cup of bread crumbs
2 Tbl spoons olive oil
1 Tbl spoon worcheshire
1 Tbl spoon Garlic
1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Directions:
1. Pour 4 cups of broccoli florettes into the crock pot. (I used frozen that I defrosted in the microwave but next time I would use fresh because the frozen left a little too much liquid in the bottom of the crock pot.)
2. Cut the thawed fresh chicken into bite sized cubes 1-2 inch cubes.
3. Heat up the olive oil in a skillet over med. heat.
4. Cook the garlic (I used fresh cloves) with the Worcestershire for about 1 min only.
5. Add the chicken and lightly brown it, stirring with a spatula 1-2 mins. max. (Just a very quick searing.)
6. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the cut up chicken and evenly place it in the pot, covering all of the broccoli.
7. In a separate bowl, mix the mayo, soup, and lemon juice (didn't have any lemon juice in the house so I just left this out and I don't think it affected the taste at all), and then evenly pour this mixture into the pot.
8. Evenly pour the breadcrumbs into the pot and then the cheese to cover it all.
9. Cover and cook 3-4 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low.

1 comment:

Emily Cole said...

YUM!I will have to try this one SOON!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails