Friday, March 2, 2012

Birthday Hap"pin"ings!

As mentioned yesterday, I got a lot of great ideas for Brooklyn's Rainbow Spa birthday party on Pinterest. I was actually quite proud of myself that I used Pinterest for something other than family menu planning.

Brooklyn and I made these cupcakes as her "party favor." They were pretty labor intensive but turned out super cute. I don't have the post anymore on Pinterest, but I also got the idea to put them in plastic cups and place in a treat bag so guests could take them "to go." Perfect for a 9am party.




The sweet treat we served AT the party was this cake batter dip. I didn't really measure the ingredients (whoops!) but it still turned out quite yummy.




This was very easy to make and the girls were impressed. :-) For mine, I used a row of green grapes on a skewer as the stem (since I accidentally ate the celery last week).




This was Brooklyn's favorite treat of the morning. Though per the birthday girl's direction, we used strawberries, mandarin oranges (they were like putting a worm on a hook- ew), pineapple, green grapes, blueberries, and purple grapes.




And finally, nothing jaw dropping, but I brought materials to make these fruit loop necklackes just in case we had some extra time. And we did, so it was good I brought them.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails