Wednesday, May 1, 2013

It's been a quick ten years...

Today is May 1, 2013. On May 1, 2003, I didn't just start a new job. I started a career.
 
A career that maybe even took root way before 2003.
 
10 years ago, I started my first day of work at the Girl Scouts as a Field Executive and I started my tenure as an adult Girl Scout.
 
But when I received that Gold Award 16 years ago, I would have NEVER guessed that I would be spending my adult life working to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. 
 
For the first 8 years, I was a Field Executive, a Membership Director, and a Membership Manager...all the same job, maybe a few different territories, but really just requiring a few different nametags. I worked for a council that no longer exists, but left lasting memories on my heart.
 

Now, I am the Director of Membership Services. Different nametag, different job, different council....but providing me with great memories (and maybe a few gray hairs) every single day.


I love my job. I love my office. I love my co-workers. I wake up every morning grateful that not only do I have a job that provides for my family, but I wake up knowing that I am making a difference, enjoying the challenges, and celebrating the victories each and every day.

So, that's ten years down in the books. Here's to 30 more!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails