Tuesday, April 8, 2008

happy birthday to me...

What a busy birthday weekend! We never stopped moving (or driving) the entire weekend, but we did have a lot of fun as we were running around. Friday night, we drove up to Boone/Blowing Rock with Joe and Misty to see Drew's band, What's On Tap, play at Canyons. It was the first time in a looooong time that I stayed up until 2am (and now I remember why this doesn't usually happen!). After a much-too-short stay in a beautiful hotel room with a king-sized bed and yummy continental breakfast, we drove back to Greensboro to get our girls and set up the house for a showing.

The band...

Jaclyn, Misty, and Joe...
After a too short nap on Saturday (thanks a lot, Brooklyn!), we got showered and ready for my birthday dinner with friends. I chose J. Butler's because I would just about give my right arm for their chips and ranch dressing (sooo much better than Ham's), and I was so excited that 20 people came out for dinner. Thanks to my wonderful husband and baby girl, the Kinlaws, Bumps, Henzlers, Stevensons, Jenna, Heidi, Morrisons, and (soon to be) Weavers for making the trek to Butler's. Several people came back to the house to watch the oh so sad Carolina game but we got to eat probably the BEST Oreo ice cream cake I have ever eaten, so that was well worth another late night, a headache, and a devestating loss.
Jenna, McKenzie, Jon, Jennifer, and Jay...

The YUMMY cake...

My sassy star...
And finally, a congratulations to Jennifer and Jay, who closed on their house last week and started moving in on Saturday (again, thanks for coming out Saturday despite all your busyness!). Good luck with everything, and we are excited about that wedding coming up!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails