Wednesday, April 23, 2008

say cheese...or not

So, I have been super busy with work and family the past two weeks, but I have had the urge to blog a bit this morning. First of all....Spring, where are you?? I thought that when these guys (below) were born at the Manor, we would be wearing capris and eating outside lunches in no time, but alas, it's a mystery every day as to what the weather entails.
Brooklyn has been great. She is becoming quite the little diva...the latest being her insistence on getting her fingernails painted pink. So, with the deal that she would stop biting her nails (sorry, girl, you got that bad habit from me), I painted her nails last night.
After painting, I said "Hey, guess what comes on TV tonight?"
Brooklyn: "What?"
Me: "American Idol."
Brooklyn: "Great! Ryan is going to LOVE my pink fingernails!"

LAWD!

This morning was school picture day. Now, Brooklyn gets her pictures taken at Portrait Innovations (LOVE THEM!) every 4 months or so, so we have plenty of pictures of her, but since they are right there at the school I always say "hey, why not?" And I always leave pissed off. This morning was no different. I cannot STAND that women who they send to take the pictures. She is the most UN-KID-FRIENDLY person I have ever met. Brooklyn has had 5 sets of pictures taken at her school, and I have not liked ANY of them. Brooklyn does awesome at PI because they let her run around and be herself, so obviously, they get natural smiles. This lady forces her to stand or sit in uncomfortable, unnatural poses, and REPRIMANDS her when she moves a hand or a toe. I usually stand back, seething, just so I don't scare all the other kids in line with my rage. Last fall, she actually got MAD at a BABY for crying in the hallway because she was afraid he would upset the other kids...no lady, that's YOU who upsets the kids. I got so mad on behalf of the baby (and his mother who had to leave to go to work) that I told the administration they needed to step in. Well, unfortunately they continue to use that company (maybe they are the only one that makes house calls), but I doubt I will ever buy any pictures. Not that I need any, when I can take sweet ones like this at home:
So, anyways, it was a crazy morning, but Brooklyn wasn't damaged. (She would have been more upset if she were the only kid to NOT get pictures done, so I just bite my tongue and let her do it.)
Oh, and I am late on a few shout-outs...
1. Congratulations to Chrissy and Tani on their baby girl Chloe!
2. Congratulations to Loryn and Lee on the purchase of their 1st home!
And finally...
Happy Birthday today to one of my dearest and oldest friends, Katie. I hope your day is great! Come home soon!

2 comments:

Casi Jae said...

Hey I hate when they get the wrong people to do the pictures... If you wanna let them know for future reference if they dont have a contract with them I work with a company that would be willing to put myself or one of us in there to do these pictures... someone who actually has (and/or loves) kids. And you know that I have the experience (oh and no its not Olan Mills.) lol... Well let me know...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Unfortunately I was out of town for work all week and dealing with clients which make the birthday not too exciting. I think after 21 they start going downhill. Anyway, thanks again!! - Kate

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails