Friday, April 4, 2008

i heart fur baby

Wow. We have been so busy lately. Between work and the band and family, we have been going non-stop the past few weeks (and it's only getting crazier). First, Eric surprised us all by coming into town for a "Spring Break" last week, so we got some quality time with him, Caroline, and "fur baby," the CUTEST, yet strangest, kitty I have ever seen. Now, if you know me, you know I am not a cat lover, but I am a kitten cuddler, and I loved this sweet thing, extra toes and all. But alas, as soon as it grows up, my allergies will kick in, and my love affair with "fur baby" will be no more. Regardless, we had a great visit with my "little" brother and celebrated his and Caroline's birthdays.


My birthday snuck up on me Tuesday- thanks to everyone's emails, voicemails, and songs. I had the pleasure of not one "Happy Birthday" songs at work, but TWO, a coffee cake with candles at the staff meeting, a free Thai lunch, a wonderful dinner with all 4 parents, Chad, and Brooklyn (LOVED my Olive Garden salad!), and I am now listening to my new iPod on my new iTrip in my office. Life is good.
But back to the real world on Wednesday, and work was piling up. I am in charge of two fairly large events coming up at work within 2 weeks of each other, each bringing in about 100 people. So, between them and GRD, our weekends are booked from now until Memorial Day.
Speaking of GRD, we had a great show in Eden last weekend. It was good sound quality, good set up, and good people. We couldn't ask for any more. Our next gig for the public is going to be at iCoffee (formally Moby's) in Summerfield...so if you out and about on Saturday, April 26, come stop by and see us around 7pm. If you want more information, you can check our MySpace at www.myspace.com/gracereignsdown.
And finally, the house. Ahhh, the house. We are nearing the stage of "this isn't really fun anymore." But really, we have only had it on the market less than two months, and had a great amount of traffic, so we really can't complain, but once we get in our heads we want to move, we WANT TO MOVE. Patience is running thin in the Johnson house. Hopefully if this rain clears up and temperatures warm up, the offers will come pouring in. :-)
And finally, FINALLY, a Brooklyn update. Well, she is beautiful, smart, funny, and sassy- everything that we had hoped she would be at three years old. She is a blessing to have in our lives, and we just throughly enjoy being with her at this stage. The things she says and the actions that she mimics only reinforce further that we can only be blamed for her quirks- she is so our daughter.
We have big plans this weekend (surprise, surprise), but for once it does not involve work or GRD....we have a quick, quick trip up to Boone to see Drew (brother in law) and his band play a gig and then we have the whole gang getting together Saturday night for my birthday celebration- yay!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hang in there with the house! You'll make it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails