Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The (Second) 12 Days of Christmas

The second 12 days of Christmas went by in a blur for us. We had party after party and food on top of food! Needless to say, my diet went out the window for a month, but now we are back on the wagon. :-) On Friday, December 19th, we attended our 7th annual "Family Christmas Party" with my girlfriends (from UNC) and their husbands. This year, Loryn and Lee hosted in their new home, and they spiced things up by doing a "National Lampoons/tacky 80's Christmas" theme. It was so fun, and I have not stayed up that late in a long time! :-)




McKenzie, Marisa, Heidi, Jennifer, Loryn, and Me (celebrating our 10 year friend-a-versary!)





Chad and me in our Christmas attire (and some yummy "punch" that Loryn made!)


On the 20th, we attended the annual Henzler soiree, which is always fun, and we started our two week hiatus from work- yay!

Christmas Eve is always spent at Oma and Opa's house (my dad's parents). Brooklyn was the star of the show, showing off for everyone, and really enjoying opening her presents. It was a great "warm up" to the next day's festivities.

Brooklyn and me with Oma and Opa

Brooklyn and her two new dolls (the yellow one is straight from Italy!)

Then, we headed to church to lead our 7pm Comtemporary Christmas Eve service. You can see below our annual picture in front of the Chrismon tree.

Then, off to bed, but not before first putting out a plate of cookies and glass of milk for Santa.

Christmas morning! Brooklyn was the last one awake so we were ready with the camera (Don't mind her "capri" Pajamas!).
She started slow with her stocking.

And also found her first Santa gift- a Sleeping Beauty vanity. That was her favorite gift, she said.


Then, she started racking up with more babies, more strollers, and accessories for the vanity.
Later that morning, we went and did Christmas with my side of the family. Around 4pm the ENTIRE side of the family (including Chad's parents and brother) came over to my parents for dinner and more presents. Friday, did our annual (we have a lot of "annuals" I am noticing) Tangelwood Lights and Dinner with Joe, Misty, and Allie Henzler, and Saturday, we did Christmas with Chad's family, including cousins and their kids. Sunday, we left for Vegas...but that's for another post. :-)
I enjoyed myself so much that week that pictures seemed to cease, so I will just have to rely on others for my scrapbooking. :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails