Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Week 13- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

So, I am now in my last week of the first trimester. I have to say that this has always been and continues to be my least favorite "Tri" out of all the "Mesters." Here's the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly....

The Good:
-The Nausea has left the building!
-Zantac has become my best friend (see above reason as to why).
-I don't seem to have the need to eat everything in sight 24 hours a day.
-The weather has been beautiful, so the family has enjoyed some much needed outdoor time.
-I started working out again and feel GREAT!
-The house is coming back together, as I now have the desire to clean again.
-I actually cooked dinner two nights in a row this week.

The Bad:
-I am currently in the "in-between" stage with clothes...it's like I am in that awkward "Are you pregnant or just fatter?" stage that just causes problems all around and makes getting dressed in the mornings a pain.
-I am also in the stage where, though the pregnancy nausea has subsided (minus an occasional morning dry heave), I have no real indiction/sign that I am pregnant (ex: feeling the baby move). This causes anxiety in that I ask myself several times a day "Am I still pregnant? Do I think the baby is OK? etc." I can't wait for the next few weeks when I start to feel even a flutter and can go "Ok, there you are, Bitty Baby."

And The Ugly:
-My hair! The roots are atrocious...I cannot wait to color it this weekend!

Food Stuff:
-Still cannot really stomach Mexican...ahh, La Fiesta, how I have missed you!
-The egg/toast craving has subsided for now and nothing new has taken its place....kinda boring this week, actually. :-)

And, as always, here's what the internet says:
How your baby's growing: Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce. How your life's changing: This is the last week of your first trimester, and your risk of miscarriage is now much lower than earlier in pregnancy. Next week marks the beginning of your second trimester, a time of relative comfort for many women who see early pregnancy symptoms such as morning sickness and fatigue subside.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails