Thursday, July 30, 2009

Week 26: Second pregnancies really do go by faster!

I really cannot believe that we are in our 26th week right now. I went to the doctor Tuesday...here are the stats:
BP- 117/78
Baby's HB- 144
Belly Measuring- 26
Weight gain- not publically discussing this anymore. :-) Let's just say the french fries and sweet tea won this round, but next month I plan on being a little more cautious about what I put in my mouth. (I say this as I stuff a KK doughnut in my mouth at my desk.)

*Chad has worked so hard this week (in between 3 golf games) getting the nursery together bit by bit. The crib and changing table are put together and ready, and the computer desk is moved to the playroom (with computer still on the nursery floor because that's where everything is still hooked up). The house is in disarray, and it's really sad when you can say that the garage is the cleanest room in your house. :-) In fact, the garage is really cute now because that's where Chad hung all this Dukes of Hazzard memorabilia. Glad he finally found a home for all that stuff. :-)

What BabyCenter says:
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

don't worry too much about the weight gain. I gained quite a bit with Tyler! It does seem like your pregnancy is going by fast! I hope that's the case for me when that time comes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails