Monday, August 3, 2009

Happy Anniversary, Chad!

It's been 7 years since I became Mrs. Chad Johnson. Some days it feels like it was yesterday; while other days, it's like we have been together our whole lives. Well, we have pretty much KNOWN each other most of our lives, and we have been "an exclusive couple" for 12 years (on August 13th), so yes, it's been a long time. :-)

I wrote this post last year celebrating our anniversary: http://jaclynbjohnson.blogspot.com/2008/08/how-wonderful-life-is-now-youre-in.html. All those memories stay true. Our wedding day was one of the happiest days of my life....to know that those 227 people will never all be in the same room again- but they were there to celebrate US- never ceases to amaze me. I always think about that at weddings- and I always remind the bride and groom to look around at everyone and remember that moment because they will never all be there again. I am blessed to still keep in touch with all my bridesmaids and Chad with his groomsmen- it shows us that we picked the right people for the job. :-) They are all truly lifelong friends. Chad and I come from families with very stable, very solid couples. His parents have been married almost 36 years and mine 32 years. My Oma and Opa have been married 57 years and my grandmother and grandfather celebrated 53 years in May the week before my grandfather passed away. Some may think it's pressure, but I see it as a goal. :-)

So, happy anniversary, Chad (though I have no idea when you will read this blog again- ha ha!). I love you...forever and always...and cannot wait to spend the next 7-0 years with you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails