Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Week 28 and 29....

Part of the joy of being on vacation is that the pregnancy weeks actually tick by fairly quickly. :-) Here are updates from Weeks 28 and 29....

Week 28 (in Tallahassee and Kissimmee, Florida):
*Things were great, pregnancy wise, as long as I paced myself throughout the days. The days were HOT (mid 90s most of the day) and we did a lot of walking. Occasionally I would feel some extra stretching and such (due to the effects of gravity) on my belly, but for the most part, Little Man and I did OK in sunny Florida.
*I continue to have awful heartburn dealt with only by Zantac twice a day and Tums spread out throughout.
*Food is still my friend...Vacation food is even better...and unfortunately I am sure to pay for that on the doctor's scale Friday. :-)
*The Little Man (yes, still nameless) moves A LOT. He is such a wiggle worm, especially between 9:30-11:00pm. Though adorable as that is, he can pack some powerful punches when he wants to.
*The Wednesday before we left for vacation, I did pass my glucose test- yay! I was a bit low on the iron scale, but the lab tech said for me to just continue prenatal vitamins and I should be OK.

What Babycenter says...
How your baby's growing: By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

Week 29 (this week):
*Things are pretty much the same this week as last. I'm still feeling great, as long as I am in air conditioning. :-) Brooklyn, the baby, and I all traveled well home from Florida- stopping about every two hours for snacks and leg stretches.
*Doctor's appointment Friday....I think a regular check up, but I am never sure.

What Babycenter says...
How your baby's growing: Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails