Tuesday, August 4, 2009

27 weeks, 2 days...but who's counting?

According to SOME sites on the internet, we have entered the third trimester this week. Other sites say that Week 28 is the first week of the third trimester, so I feel kind of in limbo this week. :-) Regardless, I FEEL like I am in the third trimester. I have started grunting when getting up from the couch, sweating after walking to the car, and breathing heavy after putting on pants and socks. If that's not third trimester symptoms, I don't know what is. :-) I have also started snoring in the middle of the night, so Chad has pretty much moved to the couch (another third trimester symptom I had with Brooklyn). I also experience horrible acid reflux in the middle of the night (about 3-4 times a week) where I wake up choking and gagging and have to recover for about 10 minutes before I can fall back asleep. Lovely stuff, I tell you.

Now for the fun information....what's going on with Bitty Baby Brother Johnson this week:
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

I never claimed to love being pregnant. In fact, except for the fact that I don't have to suck in my gut for 40 weeks and the first few weeks of the kicks and rolls of the baby, I pretty much don't enjoy it. I had a wonderful pregnancy with Brooklyn in that there were no complications and she was born very healthy at 40.5 weeks. I did have every "minor pregnancy discomfort" known to man, though. If it was listed in "What to Expect When Expecting", I had it.....heartburn, nausea, leg cramps, nosebleeds, headaches, constipation, and on and on and on. It's been the same with this pregnancy...but I woudn't trade it. I'll take the heartburn, nausea, headaches, etc. as long as I give birth to a healthy fullterm baby at the end. I swear, though, with the heartburn I have had, this baby should be born with a 'fro! So, anyways, as I am 99% sure this will be my last pregnancy, I don't get sad thinking about never being pregnant again. I will be so happy to just bring a healthy son home and round out our family of 4. I cannot wait to permanently get rid of maternity clothes and close this chapter in my life. God has blessed me with two babies, and I am taking them and running. :-)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Jaclyn, I had every symptom known to man as well. I'm nervous about my next one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails