Tuesday, January 5, 2010

10 Weeks!

Jake is 10 weeks old this week! Monday, I started back to work fulltime...thankfully with a modified schedule that allows me to work from home Tuesday and Thursday. So, I felt great going into work knowing that (1) Jake was in great hands with his Gramma at the house and (2) I would be staying home with him the next day. :-)

We saw Dr. D for Jake's 2 month check up this morning. Here are his stats:
*Weight: 16 pounds, 9 ounces (97th%)
*Length: 25 inches (95-97th%)

*He also got 4 shots and 1 oral vaccination, but he was a big boy and did great.

And finally, here are some fun facts about what Jake is doing now:
*Can laugh a teeny bit when really excited about something
*Starting to use his hands a little better with more control
*Loves sucking on his fist when the paci is not in his mouth
*Sleeping in the pack and play in our bedroom
*Still waking up one time during the night (about 2-4am)- hence the pack and play sleeping
*Able to put self back to sleep after middle of the night feeding (thank you Jesus!)
*Eating every 3 -3.5 hours during the day
*Still solely raised on breastmilk (I have to put in a disclaimer here and say that the reason I continue to celebrate this is because I gave up too quickly with Brooklyn and nursing. After a rough start with her for about 2 weeks, I nursed her some and supplemented with formula for about 4 months. Then, I went strictly to formula for the next 8 months until her first birthday. I pretty much decided that I was too lazy to commit to it and "wanted my body back." I was also working fulltime and a bit shy about pumping at work. I am not against formula at all...Brooklyn is quite bright and fairly healthy so I know she received everything she needed....But, I cannot believe how much money we spent on formula ($23 for 5 days so over $1000 in formula for 8-9 months) when I could have just stuck with the breastmilk. So, with Jake, I have vowed to just keep going as long as my body keeps producing (up to the 1st year), but when I stop producing enough and he's not getting what he needs, I will add in the formula. Judging by his healthy weight gain, though, I think he is getting what he needs. Ha ha!)

*So sweet and friendly with people...has a HUGE toothless smile
*Loves to hear and see Brooklyn (and is soooo tolerant of her many kisses and snuggles)
*STILL suffers from reflux but definitely not as bad and has less gas pains after eating
*Likes sitting in his Boppy, but still not a huge fan of the swing, glider, bouncy seat, or car seat
*Wears size 2-ish diaper (depending on brand)
*Wears size 6 month clothes (yikes! we are gonna have to do some creative thinking with the outfits to make them work seasonally.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails