Thursday, November 4, 2010

It's never too early to start thinking about...

...Christmas cards!!!

One of my favorite things to do each fall is start planning my Christmas card for the year. I think we were pretty slack our first Christmas or two with Brooklyn, but around 2007, I discovered the flat photo card! Thank goodness for Shutterfly's option to do photo collages, because I would have never been able to pick just one picture each year!
Here are two of our cards from years past. I usually try to incorporate significant events from the past year in our card without even saying a word (ie: Disney World or say, the birth of another child!).

This year, I am so excited because I will be using one (or several!) of the photos from a Molly Cook session (to be taken this weekend). I started looking on Shutterfly's website last week to see some of their new designs...oh my goodness! There are so many to choose from- literally HUNDREDS! I like to do a different color and style from the previous year(s) so I am so thankful that Shutterfly saves all my old projects in "My Shutterfly" account. (I would never be able to remember otherwise, and though I am sure the recipients don't remember, I just want to keep things "fresh.")
Here is just one example of a 2010 Shutterfly Flat Stationary Card. I love the green, black, and white color palette, the multiple photo spots, AND the cute monogram. I may have just given away my holiday card template because the more I look at this one, the more I love it. :-)

In addition to having an endless supply of holiday cards, Shutterfly also has some of the best photo gifts I have ever seen. For the past 3-4 years, I have given my grandparents one of their 12 month calendars (perfect for the people who have everything and need nothing but pictures of their great-grandchildren).
And want to personalize your gifts just a bit more? Visit their gift tag selections to purchase something supercute to personalize all those awesome gifts you will be giving this year.
So, now I am off to peruse the card selection, work on this year's calendar, and maybe even design a gift tag or two.
Happy holidays, ya'll!
(In full disclosure, in exchange for this review I received 50 free cards from Shutterfly.)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

hey, i filled out that form on Monday or Tuesday and it said to hang tight and they'd send an email with details. is that what it did for you? how long before you got one and you wrote this blog?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails