Thursday, June 27, 2013

2013: The Summer of Trying New Things


Recently, we declared to Brooklyn that this summer was the "Summer of Trying New Things." She attended Girl Scout day camp for the very first time last week. And though it was quite distressing for her Monday and part of Tuesday, by the end of the week, she was annoying entertaining us with camp songs, declaring love for her counselors, and so proud of herself and her new t-shirt!

This week, she rode a train for the very first time with Nanny and Grandpa. They had a blast traveling to the big city (ha!) of Salisbury for the morning. :-)


Jake got in on the action of "Trying New Things" when he made his first S'more...

And got his first major haircut (long story, but this was NOT part of my summer plans and I am still in mourning...)

And played his first game of hoops with Daddy...

For me, I continue to strive to make this the "Summer of the Bikini" with personal training, Zumba, running, and healthy eating. Something new I've incorporated is this great 30 Day Ab Challenge that I have been doing with a fun Facebook group.

And, while I'm here, I'll officially introduce "Pappy's Paradise" to you all.

My parents decided a few months ago to become pool owners once again after an 11 year hiatus. And we could not be HAPPIER.


And, something that makes me just as happy as pool time is this sweet baby doll.

Our niece, Claire, is growing up so fast...and the best news of the summer EVER is that she is moving closer to us in August for an indefinite amount of time. Yippee for more Aunt Jaclyn spoiling time!!

Hope you guys have all been enjoying your summers! Here's to July being just as great as June!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails