Monday, February 25, 2008

three

I woke up this morning with my precious baby girl laying on my pillow. (She visited our room around 4am this morning.) I woke up, looked at her, and remembered three years ago waking up and wondering "who is this new little person in my life? how will I know what she needs? when can I go home to a comfortable bed?" Now, three years later, we don't always agree on what she needs (M&M's cannot be a part of your breakfast EVERY morning), Chad and I usually share our comfortable bed with our spoiled rotten little girl, but this one thing is certain- I have come to know brooklyn marie johnson better than I know anyone, including myself. As my dad said yesterday on her 3rd birthday, "Brooklyn, what did we ever do without you?" Life simply did not exist before Brooklyn in the way it does now- today, the grass is greener, the sun is brighter, my belly is flabbier....but our lives our complete with miss brooklyn marie johnson.

We had a great "Dora the Explorer" birthday party yesterday at Chad's parents' house. Brooklyn ate lots of cake, opened tons of presents, and spent some wonderful time with her family and friends. Here's some pics from yesterday: (1) Brooklyn throwing up three fingers at Panera (2) Looking at her Dora cake (3) Playing with her "sisters," Allie and Zoe.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh too sweet I had no idea... tell her happy birthday and give her a hug for me. I think the crazyest part of their birthdays means that we have been Moms that long... Who woulda thought???

Emily Cole said...

Happy Birthday Little Lady! It's so weird how we can't imagine what our lives would be with children before we have them, and then when we do, we can't imagine NOT having them in our lives!!! She's so sweet, and we can't wait to have another 'get together'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails