Wednesday, September 30, 2009

35 Weeks- The end is near!

I had my 35 week check up yesterday at the doctor's office. Everything looks great so far, and despite the fact that I am feeling a lot of pain and pressure, all looks normal. I've lost track of the weight gain at this point, but I think its somewhere in the 32-34 pound range. I am hoping to just stay under 40 at this point before I go to the hospital. :-) Speaking of the hospital, I am scheduled for another c-section on Monday, October 26th (unless he comes out on his own before then). I am so happy to have it scheduled in Week 39 because yesterday the doctor measured me at 37 weeks. I KNEW this was a big baby, but I am hoping he's not TOO big. :-) If he continues to measure large next week, we will probably have an ultrasound just to check in and make sure all looks good. My blood pressure was 110/70, which was great (and normal for me non-pregnant). Jake's heartbeat was 138, which seemed low to me, but the nurse said that as long as it was above 120, they were fine with that. I had a test for the Group B Strep...if I test positive (will know next week), then they just have to administer some sort of antibiotic at the hospital at the time of delivery.

Note to self: Pre-register for Women's hospital this week...just in case.

My mom seems to think that October 10th is the day of delivery. Wishful thinking. :-) I am hoping for after October 15th because then I am finished with evening work meetings. However, my doctor is on vacation and at a wedding until after the 18th, so the 19th is looking pretty good to me now. :-) Just as long as his little lungs are healthy.

I am sleeping horribly these days, waking up every hour or so, but also having a real hard time going to sleep because of heartburn and some "restless leg." It makes for some rough mornings, and with work hours changing tomorrow, I am concerned that getting to work at 8am is not gonna happen so easily for either me nor Brooklyn.

Brooklyn is doing well, considering all the craziness that is our life. As I mentioned, I just have another two weeks of evening meetings, and then I will be home much more for her. She is having some crazy separation anxiety, and this morning was the first time in 5 school days that I didn't leave her screaming and clawing for the door. And its not just school...even when she was going with her grandparents on Saturday it was full-on screams and fits. I cannot even begin to understand what is going on in her sweet head at the moment. One of the disadvantages of having an "only child" for so long, I guess. If she were younger and more unaware, I think things would be easier, but I hope that once the baby gets here and she understands that we are ALL here to stay, things will be better for her.

How your baby's growing:
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

1 comment:

Aunt Jenni said...

I hope Jake does come early for you, I still remember those days of waiting for it to be over. October 26th...hmmmm great people born in October... If he waits until then his birthday will be the day before his Great Aunt Jenni....lol. Love you all lots.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails