Friday, February 19, 2010

Survivor's Guilt

I rarely discuss work on here because I find that one day that may bite me in the you-know-where. I love my job, and I love the Girl Scouts as an organization. I wouldn't leave my children in pre-school if I didn't love working so much.

We are having a tough time at work with our budget now that we have merged 4 councils in western NC. They are laying off several staff people and eliminating positions. Yesterday, we lost 4 valuable people in our office. I am safe for now, but it is not over.

I am suffering from Survivor's Guilt this week. But with this economy, I have to say it's better than suffering from Unemployment.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Emily Cole said...

Aww... Our council went through that a couple of years ago! I'm sorry you've got survivor's guilt right now... I hope you feel better, and yes - it is definitely better than Unemployment! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails