Monday, January 30, 2012

Slow Cooker Sunday: Brunswick Stew

I've been kinda obsessed with finding a good slow cooker Brunswick stew recipe. When my BFF Pinterest let me down, I returned to Ole Faithful, Google. I found this on Myrecipes.com and then added my own flair. The Johnson secret is the Sweet Baby Ray's. :-)

Ingredients:
3 pound pork roast, trimmed and cut into two inch chunks
1 bottle of BBQ sauce (seriously, don't use anything but SBR)
1 onion, chopped
3 medium new potatoes, peeled and chopped
6 tablespoons brown sugar
1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon of salt
14 ounces of chicken broth
18 ounces of frozen veggies (the recipe called for 9 oz of corn and 9 oz of Lima beans but I used a bag of mixed veggies that included carrots, limas, corn, and green beans- yum!)

Directions:
1. Cut the meat, potatoes and onions.
2. Add all ingredients to the slow cooker.
3. Mix well.
4. Cover and cook on low 12 hours.
5. Remove pork chunks with a slotted spoon and shred with a fork.
6. Add pork back to the slow cooker, stir well, and serve.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails