Sunday, July 15, 2012

The post where I bare all (all belly flab, that is)

I seriously think I now have a girl-crush on Jillian Michaels.

Remember when I declared that I was starting this?


Well, when I did, I kinda looked like this...
[Actually not "kinda," that's really me about 2 months ago.]

I started the 30 Day Shred on June 9th. I took this "before picture" a few weeks prior when I was doing P90x, but as I mentioned here, I was not really that great to sticking to the "diet plan." :-) So, I don't blame P90x for my lack of results, and if anything, P90x really helped me get into shape endurance-wise and helps me really keep up with Patrick in Zumba.

But back to the 30 Day Shred...

I took measurements on Day 1, Day 15, Day 21, and Day 30. I really wanted to see what this program could do, but I also knew that I would have to be diligent with it and make the commitment. I vowed to do 30 days in 30 days....not like my P90 in P106.

Then I realized I would be on vacation for 9 of those 30 days.

Well played, Jillian. Well played.

But hey, I am up for the challenge, and it was a trip to the beach, not an international cruise where my video capabilities would be limited.

And I am proud to say that I did the 30 Day Shred in exactly 30 days.

Holla.

So, I gave it my all. I stuck to the program. I did 28 minutes every day. Sometimes at 6:15am, sometimes at 9:30pm, but by God, I didn't skip a day. However, I was not quite as diligent as I set out to be with the diet plan. I ate red meat...and desserts...and french fries.

Oops.

With that being said, are you all curious as to what results I saw? Since many of you blog readers have supported and encouraged me the last almost 2 years as I have transformed into a more healthy mama, I feel very comfortable sharing with you the hard facts. After all, nothing is worse than admitting my weight on the internet and facebook as I did in late 2010.

Before measurements/ 15 days/ 21 days/ 30 days
Weight: 156 pounds/155.4/152.6 = 3.4 pounds lost
Arms (upper): 11.25 inches/11/11/11 = 0.25 inches lost
Thighs: 24 inches/24/23/22 = 2 inches lost
Calves: 15.5 inches/15/15/14.5 = 1 inch lost
Chest: 32 inches/31.5/31/31 = 1 inch lost
Stomach: 36 inches/35/34/34 = 2 inches lost
Butt/hips: 39.5 inches/38.5/38/38 = 1.5 inches lost

So, overall a 3.4 pound and 7.75 inch loss! Not too shabby for 30 days AND while on two vacations.

I count it a huge success because two years ago I would have never sported this bathing suit on a public beach...

So, if you know me well, you know that I can't stop now. I need something else. When my 30 Day Shred ended while at the beach, I kinda got nervous because I didn't have anything else lined up. I imagined myself backsliding. I did run twice, which I haven't done in a while, so that felt good. But there's just something about Jillian.

So, I did some Amazon research and then a quick trip to Target today and picked up this...

Ok, Jillian, let's see what else you can do. Bathing suit season isn't over yet.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Jaclyn, you are so inspirational! I need to get as motivated as you are.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails