Sunday, August 19, 2012

Dead Dad (alternately titled "I'm a proud sister!")

So, I briefly mentioned Dead Dad in one of my California posts. If you don't get my posts on Facebook then you may not know that my brother was the cinematographer for a film titled, Dead Dad.

Dead Dad is a low budget, but high quality film made by my brother and some of his graduate classmates from Florida State film school.

From the website:
PRODUCTION NOTE:
DEAD DAD is a feature film created by friends. It was shot in the greater Los Angeles and San Diego areas over the course of one month. Produced entirely from the funds of a successful Kickstarter campaign, the production embodies the independent filmmaking spirit. With limited means and an abundance of passion, the cast and crew devoted their free time to complete the film and bring DEAD DAD to life.


Dead Dad: Cast and Crew

(Borrowstole the pic from their website)

It's been screening in film festivals across the country the past few months and doing GREAT!




We saw the film while we were at the beach with Eric in July. I thought it was amazing.

But you don't have to take my word for it.

Examiner
examiner.com
"Hell, there have been a few major studio releases this year that are not even on the same level as Dead Dad from a technical standpoint. The transitions in certain scenes come across as if a veteran crew was working on this...not a bunch of wet-behind-the-ears graduates."

VIP Movie Snob
vipmoviesnob.com
"The story is so solid and the production so well done, I forgot that I was watching a so-called 'small budget' film."

The Dropp
thedropp.com
"Some films try to hard too make this connection and end up coming off as fake, cheesy, or stereotypical. Out of the towering stack of screeners I have viewed, Dead Dad was hands down one of my favorites."
The Daily City
thedailycity.com
"Everyone responds to tragedy differently, and everyone needs their own catharsis, and that's something that director Ken Adachi and co-writer Kyle Arrington observe very well."

IMDb User Reviews"Perhaps the strongest endorsement that I can give to Dead Dad is that on the two hour drive home, I felt compelled to call my own sister and reconnect. It hadn't been too long, but it suddenly seemed more important than ever. If Dead Dad doesn't get a wide distribution, it'll be a shame, but I have an inkling that this won't be the last time you hear from Ken Adachi, Kyle Arrington, and the rest of the cast and crew."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails