Saturday, April 6, 2013

This birth was no April Fools, y'all!

So, there we were at church getting the news that Molly's water had broken and they were at the hospital preparing for labor.

Having been through 4 births myself (2 of my own and 2 as a friend supporter) I knew there was no way to predict when things would start progressing and once they did, how long it would take. We went to sleep with just one update and woke up with nothing until about 7:30am when we heard she was a few centimeters, had received the epideral, and we started more waiting...

Here's the crazy part. I had scheduled work interviews a week before in Asheville (where they live) for that Monday. So, I was headed to Asheville that morning with the big hopes that MAYBE that baby would make her appearance early before I had to head home for the day.

I went to the office and started the interviews. In between meetings I checked my phone like a mad woman. At 11:48am (in between interview #1 and #2), on April 1st, Claire Marilyn Johnson was born.

Praise the Lord, Claire was a healthy 6 pounds, 1 ounce and 19 inches long. She is perfectly perfect and so far a healthy 36 week, 1 day baby. We are so grateful!

I wrapped up interviews around 1:40pm and headed to the hospital....a bit frantic because we originally thought that visting hours would stop at 2pm for "quiet time." Luck would have it though that they had not been moved to their "new mother-baby room" yet and so the quiet hours were not enforced on the labor floor. I slid right in and snuggled that baby immeditately.


I am one proud aunt!! And did I mention that Claire was born on my birthday? We are forever birthday twins, and I could not imagine sharing my birthday with anyone else.


I love my sister in law, Molly, so much. She and my brother in law will be the best parents, and I could not be more thrilled for them. (And for us!)


Baby feet!

Day 2 and she's just as cute!

Teeny tiny perfection.

Welcome to the world, Claire Baby. We love you SOOOO MUCH!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails