Friday, April 12, 2013

Why I heart "Heart in Sol" (and why you will, too)!

This post is really for all my Triad peeps out there (but, love you friends in Russia and Germany, too)!

This week, Chad and I got a Shout Out on Facebook and many of you were so kind with your support and words of praise.

But we did not get to this:
from this:

alone.

Nope. Just like it takes a village to raise a child, it takes a fabulous, people-centered, offers-something-for-everyone business to slim down a couple and introduce a new, healthy lifestyle into your lives.

I don't endorse too many businesses or products on here. You all know it's just my way of journaling about the kids for their one-day-I'll-make it scrapbooks and keeping far away family and non-facebook friends informed of what's going on.

In fact, I really have only used it to express my dissatisfaction of certain businesses.

But one day, about 2 and a half years ago, I made this blog about me. And you all would be amazed how "visits" to a site jump drastically when you stop posting about the annual family beach trip and announce your current (over)weight on the internet.

And over the last few years I have realized that there are many of you out there struggling to lose weight just like I was. And even if you are an optimal weight, you may be struggling to just introduce more exercise into your life.

Either way, I have the answer for you.
 
Heart in Sol (HIS) came into my life exactly one year ago this month. In October, I professed my undying love for Zumba. And 6 months later I do still love it. Kinda still love it a lot actually.

And Brooklyn even got in on the fun last summer.

But Heart in Sol is not just about the Zumba. You saw Chad in that top pic, too, right? Chad's been going to HIS every Monday, Wednesday, Friday since November at 5:30AM IN THE MORNING to participate in their Boot Camps. He's stronger, has more energy, and most important, is motivated to do the best for his body.

I hit a slump with the weight loss last summer. I felt good, but still not at the weight I needed to be. I also felt great from a cardio standpoint (running on the non-Zumba days), but still just knew I needed to do something more. And a 5:30am boot camp was not gonna do it for me.

So, I talked to Patrick, the owner/operator/fabulous trainer/teacher at HIS, and we discussed training options.

I know what you are thinking. Training? Really? Is it worth the money?

YES. YES. Yes.

I figured it out that basically if I give up a meal out at a restaurant for each training session, I could make it work. And since eating out is generally not good for you anyway, it was a great trade-off.

There is accountability. Someone's waiting on me to show up to work out (because as great as HIS is, they aren't gonna wake you up in the morning or call you if you miss a Zumba class).

And there was someone I had to stand on the scale for each week. And honestly, I find that more nerve-wracking that announcing it on the internet.

In just 5 weeks of training, I have lost an additional 9 pounds. And gained a heck of a lot of muscle.

Worth it, I tell ya. I'll have those Heather Locklear arms by summer, gosh darn it.

So, there you have it. At HIS you can do Zumba, Boot Camp (I promise they offer other times than 5:30am- ha!), and personal training. It's worth the investment. They are always offering deals and specials. And it's FUN.

But wait, there's more! (I've always wanted to say that.)

There is also the HIS community. While you won't walk in the door Day 1 and make fast friends with everyone in the room (I mean, that's unrealistic), I can say that, after a year, I have a whole new "family". A new community. A support group. We motivate each other, we eat dinner together, our families have socialized, I pray for their pets, we facebook message when we haven't seen each other in a while, we run 5K's and get pummeled with color, and we are all committed to helping one another get to our goals.

So, I'm telling all of you in the Triad area....give Heart in Sol a try. Get out of your comfort zone, get out of the gym, and stop by Heart in Sol soon.

And if you tell them you read this blog, your first Zumba class will be free.*

(*Actually, everyone's first Zumba class is free, but how fun for you to say that I sent you? ha ha!)

It's worth it.

YOU are worth it.

And chances are when you stop by, I may be there shaking my booty with you.

(Since I don't do public endorsements, not sure what protocol is, but I feel inclined to say that all these opinions are my own and that HIS has no idea I am writing this...though when I tag them on facebook, they will.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails