Friday, January 8, 2016

Thanksgiving Weekend...

Oy. It will be Valentine's Day before I get this blog caught up. I seriously enjoyed my holiday break to the point of maybe only opening my computer three times.

So, a very belated Thanksgiving from us to you!


I was in charge of the turkey this year and it came out pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.

The kids enjoyed building a gingerbread house in the morning before our family arrived that afternoon.

And showed me the true meaning of Thanksgiving when they managed to get along all day. :-)

Sweet cousins watching the cars drive by on a beautiful Thanksgiving afternoon...

I also managed to see some of my sweet Carolina girls that weekend (and Jake met Macie for the first time!).

Something also came over me that caused me to organize a family trip to a Christmas tree farm that Saturday.

The kids were super excited and we had a great day with the grandparents.









An added feature of Lil Grandfather Mountain Christmas Tree farm was the horse rides in the barn! This was Jake's first time on a horse and he loved it. (Brooklyn declined.)

We ended the night with a Post-Disney Reunion McJohnzler Covered Dish....yummy food and great friends...and of course, a group selfie.

And finally, the weekend ended with a Cousin Lunch at Hops Burger Bar.


It was a great weekend with family and friends...just as a Thanksgiving Weekend should be.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails