Monday, September 26, 2016

And then we were in...

The Friday of closing took it's toll on me both physically and emotionally. We closed on both homes back to back that afternoon and the attorney/other realtor basically held the keys to our new home hostage until the deed was recorded. With the caveat that "we HOPE to get this deed recorded at the Courthouse before 5pm today."

Um, what?

So yeah, basically, we were homeless for about an hour or so.

With all our worldly belongings in 4 vehicles and 3 U-hauls.

Good times.

But when the deed was done (ha.), we hightailed it to our new home and went to work unloading said vehicles and U-hauls so I could get those suckers returned.

Forever.

Cause, like, uh, we are never moving again.


Over the weekend, we had some awesome help from family and friends. I have a BUNCH of pictures of all our projects, but I promise that you will appreciate them more when you see an "after" picture to go with the "before" picture.

(Me too.)

So, here are two cuties for you:


And the chairs that I hope to one day sit in when the inside of the home is more presentable and my mind can shut down from all the paint colors, floor samples, tile and grout choices, and furniture purchasing.

(But we did escape to the pool for one last day at Pappy's that weekend.)

So, for now, I leave you with the promise that when we complete some projects in the house, I will share them here totally interrupting regularly scheduled programming. Until then, I will backtrack, oh, about 8 months, and start to catch you all up on non-house-related family happenings...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails