Thursday, October 29, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Thanks to a wonderful team of doctors and nurses at Women's Hospital and perhaps to a better than average tolerance for pain, I was allowed to leave the hospital one day early this week. I missed Brooklyn soooooo much, and I just wanted to sleep in my own bed and sit on a couch. So, once I was checked and approved for release and (most importantly) Jake was approved for release, we came home on Wednesday, October 28th.

Brooklyn, as we expected, was a bit hesitant at first when we brought this little munchkin home. She started off by ignoring him, and then she wanted him to try out all the baby stuff that we had set up for him last week. She's warming up...and each time she sees him, she is a bit more interested in what he's doing. She's also been a great help gathering items from around the house and pushing him in the swing when we wanna eat. Maybe one of these days I will get a pic of her actually touching HIM. :-)

I had forgotten how much I love when they fall asleep mid-burp.


Trying out the "new to him" swing


Absolutely precious!

He slept soooooo well in his first night in the pack and play in our room. Chad had a "sleepover" with Brooklyn in her room, so I tried soloing it last night and it went really well. He ate every three hours and pretty much would go right back to sleep after eating. I am so hoping that this is how this child rolls!

I am recovering slowly but surely from the c-section, but that is to be expected. One of these days I need to document about that experience...what a crazy thing c-sections are (especially when you are completely aware of what is going on and soaking it all up). With Brooklyn it was so quick and crazy (and exhausting after laboring all day), but with Jake everything was so methodical. I definitely had time to take it all in.



1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Good to hear you are home and doing well! He is a cutie! I'm anxious to read how Brooklyn adjusts to the baby since Tyler will be 4 when our new one comes along! And yes, c-sections are interesting! Like yours, my first was a whirlwind b/c it was after 12 hrs of laboring, and I think I just was so tired I didn't know what was going on. This time, I can see it being very methodical, like you said! Definitely "with it" more than when it's unplanned! Take care!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails