Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sleep when the baby sleeps?

But then when would I have time to blog?

I really need to keep up with this blog because I am hoping this will continue to serve as a journal for myself as well as a way to let others know what's going on in the Johnson house. I am hoping that in the days ahead I can find sometime to sit down and collect my thoughts about this whole "second baby thing." It's a new world entirely having a second baby. The mystery of having a baby in general is not there (thank goodness) but the whole dynamic of having another little person in the house that needs your attention in a different way just adds to the "stress." GREAT stress may I say, but stress nonetheless. Jake has been a great baby and I will blog more about him later, but today there is something pretty specific that's been on my mind.

I have found myself very emotional this weekend as I think about Brooklyn going to school on Monday. Chad will bring her and pick her up at least for the month of November. December we will play by ear based on my work schedule and what I end up doing. Now, I have taken Brooklyn to school everyday for the past 4 1/2 years. We have had some great mommy-daughter time in the car (except for the few weeks after we got the mini van and DVD player and she stopped talking in the car for a while since she was watching Jon and Kate). I have a great relationship with the school director and her teacher and always feel well-informed on what's going on in her class. Now, I have to rely on Chad to message information back and forth, have him remember to pack a coat and hat, have him help her find and remember to bring in a "show and share", and most importantly, I will miss my sweet girl from 7am to 5pm everyday.

I know I have to let go for a while and allow (1) my body to heal like it needs to after pretty major surgery and (2) time for me and my little man to bond by ourselves, just like I had time with Brooklyn. I have to remember that his time with me by myself is going to be very minimal (and Brooklyn had me for 4 1/2 years by herself), so I must make the most of the next few weeks and know that in a blink of an eye, this time will be gone, and we will be on to the next stage on our lives.

So, as I go to sleep for a few hours (until the next feeding) I pray to God to please let Brooklyn have a great first day back with her friends, please allow Chad a stress-free morning dropping her off and a great day back at work with his kids, and for me and Jake to have a wonderful day snuggling, cuddling and catching up on some Days of Our Lives. :-)

1 comment:

Sissy said...

Chad gave me this address so I could see some pics of cute little Jake! He is so adorable! I love the little blue and brown striped outfit.

Glad you are home and doing okay.

Sissy
GA Librarian

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails