Thursday, November 12, 2009

New Challenges...

Just when Chad and I were getting cocky about this whole "second babies are so much easier" thing, we have been thrown a curve ball. Jake has been having reflux issues this week, so Wednesday (thank you, Veterans Day holiday), Chad and I took him to the doctor (weight update: 9 pounds, 8 ounces). We have started him on Zantac (hmmm....fitting since I took Zantac twice a day for 30 weeks while pregnant) and hope that we will see a difference in a few days. So.....I haven't had a chance to blog a lot (or do much of anything really) because we have to keep him upright most of the time, and he is not yet a fan of the stroller/car seat or swing for extended amounts of time. Translation: Momma's holding him over the shoulder most of the day. I hope that in a few days, he will adjust to the meds and be a new boy, but for now, we are just trying to make him as comfortable as we can. He's so pitiful when he's in pain, and I just can't stand it for him. I really hope that between a bland breastfeeding diet for me, gas drops, and Zantac, we can quickly nip this thing in the bud.

In happier news, this past weekend we saw my brother, Eric, for a few days, as he was in transit after filming a movie in Nags Head and heading back to LA. It was sooooo great to see him, and I am so glad he got to meet Jake before Christmas. They got along great, as I knew they would. :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails