Thursday, November 19, 2009

Random Thoughts...

*We are having a bit of a problem with Brooklyn these days and her attitude. I think its a combination of being almost 5, watching and mimicing behavior from Jon and Kate Plus 8 (thank God that show is being cancelled), having a weird bedtime routine (we are all just going to bed whenever Jake has his last evening feeding (anytime between 8-9pm)), waking up super early to get to school, and having a baby in the house. Regardless of the reason, my sweet girl has been taken over by a sassy spoiled brat (but I mean that in the nicest way possible). I struggle with being a "tough parent," but I understand where it is all coming from, so it makes it hard for me to be upset with her. Chad's trying to keep us all grounded the best he can, but I know his patience is being tried so much and it's a struggle for him to stay calm.



*Jake is such a sweet baby, and he is definitely a snuggler. Unfortunately, I have not been able to put him down for extended periods of time during the day. So, as my fulltime maternity leave comes to an end next week after Thanksgiving, I have realized that I did not get to do anything that I wanted to accomplish while I was off work (scrapbooking, closet cleaning, etc).



*I started pumping today a little bit so I can introduce a bottle sometime this weekend. Right now I am just pumping the "leftover" and just making little bottles so Jake can test it out. It will be nice when I can have a little more freedom when he is taking a bottle more regularly.



*Our dear friends, Jeff and Caroline Kinlaw, found out today they are having a baby boy. We are soooo excited because after having 5 girls born to our "shout family," Jake was the first boy. We were just keeping our fingers crossed that another boy would come soon, so Jake would have a guy close to his age. Thanks, Jeff and Caroline, for making that happen! :-)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

omg, you are already going back!?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails