Monday, March 8, 2010

A day for deals

My poor Jake-Jake...so many rolls, so little clothes. :-) He has just completely outgrown most of his wardrobe. He is the longest 4 month old I have ever seen and needs 9+ month clothes in order for them to snap around him. I knew he needed some stuff for this "in between" weather before we get to full-blown Spring and then Summer. I was so happy that I scored some major deals at Babies R Us today on my lunch break. I bought $193.00 worth of stuff and only paid $0.75. How? Well, Carter's clothes were all 50% off, and I did have about $57.00 of store credit from returning some things that I bought the kids for Christmas and ended up not giving them. And we got a wonderful monetary gift from friends for Jake this weekend (Thanks, MAB!).

I also got Jake a jacket at Target for $1.73 and then bought Brooklyn a Barbie scooter, because I love her and I felt bad returning her easel at Babies R Us today. :-) Seriously, the kid got soooo much for Christmas and her birthday, she did not need anything else for inside the house. I used her birthday money from Great Grandma and returned 7 chalk sets from her birthday party, so only spent about $10.00. She loved playing on a friend's scooter this weekend, and I thought she would love using it on our neighborhood walks.

Also, to help stretch some of Jake's current clothes that are borderline small, I found onesie extenders online and got a 10 pack. No real deal on that, but for $10.95 plus shipping, I can keep using some current clothes and not have to buy more.

And finally, I bought diapers and wipes on diapers.com for a pretty good deal ($54.00 for 3 packs of wipes and 204 Pampers diapers). I got a first time buyer $5.00 credit and free shipping (and they are delivered to your doorstep, so cannot argue with that).

I would say it was a pretty good lunch break! (Oh, and I only spent $2.00 on lunch by dining on a hotdog and coke at the Target Café.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails