To make up for my last of posting (and my pretty slack previous posts), I have TWO slow cooker recipes for you tonight! Tonight's dinner was doubly slow-cooker delicious thanks to these two recipes.
The Main Course (courtesy of my dear friend, Chris):
BBQ Pork Tenderloin
2 pound pork tenderloin
1 vidalia onion, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced (but you all know me well enough by now to know we had to omit this for the hubby)
1 20 oz. can pineapple chunks, drained
2/3 bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory and Brown Sugar BBQ sauce
1. Line the bottom of the slow cooker with 1/2 of the peppers and onions.
2. Place pork in cooker and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Top with remaining peppers, onions, and all of the pineapple.
4. Pour Sweet Baby Ray's over everything.
5. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
The Side Dish (compliments of a last minute "google" of "Slow Cooker Sides")
Chedder Potato Slices
1 can of cream of chicken -or- cream of mushroom soup
1/2 teaspoon of ground paprika
1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
4 medium (or 2 large) baking potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
4 ounces of shredded chedder cheese
1. Combine soup, pepper, and parika.
2. In greased slow cooker, arrange potatoes in overlapping rows.
3. Sprinkle with the cheese.
4. Spoon soup mixture over the cheese.
5. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours.