Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Saturday, July 9: WEDDING DAY!

Oh my goodness, I have so many pictures. It was so hard to narrow them down. I've split the Saturday post into wedding today and then reception tomorrow.

Once again, Eric and Caroline are so laid back. They just wanted everyone to arrive a few minutes before the ceremony was to begin at 4. The bartender was already serving up drinks for guests and everyone was mingling in the beautiful California sunshine.

The kids and I changed clothes at the venue, The Smog Shoppe. I arrived in this t-shirt as a special tribute to my brother and my brother's fraternity.


Long story short, when Eric was at Carolina, he and his buddies started a fraternity. Yes, started a fraternity. With mixers, and semiformals, and t-shirts. The fraternity was called Zappa Wamma Gamma. I know for a fact that several wedding attendees have ZWG tattoos. :-) The t-shirt says "We got your mom on speed dial." Not something a mother of two AND a California deputy should be wearing so I quickly waved at Eric and then changed into more suitable wedding clothes. :-)

I have to say that my family cleans up pretty well. :-)









Every family has a Pookie...



And I sure do love mine. :-)




The most beautiful family member of the day...



[The professional pics throughout this blog post are courtesy of Hazelnut Photography. Visit her blog here to see the full post with multiple pictures.]




Then it was time to take our places! After a few last minute details, we were ready to begin.






There was no procession of the wedding party, so we officially began when Caroline and her dad, Randy, made their entrance.




The wedding ceremony went great (if I do say so myself). I held it together for the most part but the very beginning and very end were a bit shaky. I mean, it's my baby brother for gosh sake! We incorporated several traditional elements including the unity candle, vows, exchange of rings, and a short message reflection on Eric and Caroline as a couple and marriage in general. Something Eric and Caroline wanted to do was to pass around their rings tied to a tiny silk pillow. They wanted each guest to hold the rings and bless them. So, as they passed the rings, we read scripture and did the Unity Candle.




We laughed, we cried, we ate well. All in all, a perfect day. :-)






And two more cute professional pics from Hazelnut Photography.












No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails