Sunday, July 31, 2011

Slow Cooker Sunday: Chicken & Rice

In my very first Slow Cooker Sunday post, I mentioned a chicken and rice dish that I made mid-week. This dish is similar, but I thought tasted much better!

Slow Cooker Chicken & Rice

Ingredients:
1 pound of boneless chicken breasts, raw and cubed
3 cans of cream of chicken soup, undiluted
2 cups of uncooked instant rice
1 cup of water
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 cup of diced celery (OR if your hubby hates celery you can do as I did and do 1/2 teaspoon of celery salt)

Directions:
1. Mix 3 cans of soup, rice, and cup of water together in the slow cooker.
2. Add chicken.
3. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika.
4. Sprinkle celery over chicken (if no one in your family has an aversion).
4. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

1 comment:

MegM said...

I'm definetly trying this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails