Sunday, August 14, 2011

"I've Got Rhythm..."

This afternoon, the [super awesome, way understanding] hubby and I went to our first movie since Titanic hit the theaters.

Well, it hasn't been quite that long but you get the idea how often this happens.

We saw GLEE The 3D Concert Movie.

I LOVED this movie. I am not a huge fan of 3D but it really added something special to the movie and as goofy as it sounds, you actually felt like you were at the concert. I was sooooo sad that the Glee Tour didn't come anywhere near NC so this movie was a great way to get a pseudo- experience.

So, I know there are many Glee fans out there (holla, Gleeks!), but why do I have such a special place in my heart- and somewhat obsession- with this show?

Let's take a look at my past, shall we?

Look familiar?

Yes, when I was in high school, I was a member of New Directions- er, Rhythm & Rhapsody :-). For three years, I basically got to live out my dream of singing and dancing show tunes and a few pop hits on a stage in front of my family, friends, teachers, and peers.

And I loved every second of it.

Rhythm & Rhapsody was Glee before Glee even knew it was Glee.

R&R was Glee before half the fans of Glee were even born.

What I am saying is, R&R came first. :-)

And we knew we were cool.

Led by the super talented, warm & nurturing, hilarious teacher, Angela Howard, R&R was a Ragsdale High School phenomenon. And we were a family. We laughed together, we cried together, and we sang together. Christmas shows in nursing homes and churches, competitions, the annual "Celebration," and class trips to Disney World. We did it all. My high school experience would have been completely different without R&R. Having a dance background, I was given many opportunities to choreograph our routines. That was such a blessing to me, and I found it such a honor when Mrs H continued to ask me to help with future performances and musicals even after I graduated.

My best friend, Katie, and I shared the stage many times...
OK, we were cool. But the outfits? Not so much. :-)

I sang my first and only solo as a Senior in our annual "Celebration" performance.





[Journey to the Past from Anastasia]


And just for fun, here's a pic from one of our Disney trips- featuring a few of my fellow bloggers. :-)

So, here's a little blast from MY past for y'all today. Definitely happy memories that I look back on often.




And now when you watch Glee, you can think of me. :-)

4 comments:

Cheryl Lage said...

LOVE this glimpse into your "Glee"! :)

Now I MUST watch the show....and I will think of you!

Shay-Zee said...

People don't believe me when I tell them R&R was cool. They say, "Yeah, people in the band always say band was cool..." But now Glee vindicates us.

Elizabeth said...

OH MY GOSH! How funny are those pictures!!! Wow, time has flown by! And yes, I am totally a Glee fan due to our fun times in R&R!

I mean...wow...the bleach blonde hair.

Pam said...

I was in the first R&R and it was the original Glee. I should have been born later I guess. Carry on singers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails