Sunday, January 6, 2013

Slow Cooker Sundays are Back: And here are 5 for you right away!

Yes, we have been slack in the Slow Cooker Sundays. For a while, we were doing them but just repeating old recipes, and then we got lazy altogether and did Chinese Sunday, Cookout Sunday, and Poblanos Sundays. Not healthy and definitely more expensive.

So, I found this pin on Pinterest and was intrigued. And since I was on vacation for the holiday it was the perfect opportunity to try.

I followed the instructions pretty exact. Here is the link and then I listed some of my editorial notes below.



*As the author made the balsamic chuck roast that night, I also did not half the recipe and freeze, but made the next day for dinner. It was delicious. Very tender and flavorful.
*Total cost for 9 dinners was about $85-90. Unfortunately, NO meat was on sale and I did not use coupons (i know, gasp), so this was worse case scenario, but still, $9 a meal is pretty good.
*It took me 1 hour to grocery shop and 2 hours to chop veggies and label/fill the bags so make sure you allot enough time.

*We made our first frozen/defrosted/slow cooked meal this evening. The BBQ chicken was delicious and the meat was tender and veggies tasted fresh. All we did was add a bit of BBQ sauce over the top before serving to add slightly more flavor. So far we are 2 for 2 with successes! Yay!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails