Sunday, November 3, 2013

Goal Check!

How's everyone out there doing on their goals?

Hmmmm???

I've set some new ones the last few weeks so I wanted to share.

I told myself "no running" until November just to give my body more time to heal and get us back from Disney. Well, we got back from Disney on October 27....and I went running that afternoon. [insert sheepish grin here]

But in my defense, I did Couch to 5K Week 1 Day 1 so it was only like 90 seconds of running. Like maybe 4 different times.

But it felt goooooood. :-)

So, the last week, I have done three short run/walks, using the first few weeks of the Couch to 5K plan. So far, so good. Keeping my fingers crossed. And my bag of ice handy.

My first goal is to be back running 5K's by the end of 2013, so I think I am going to register for the Running of the Balls 5K run with Chad and my Heart in Sol family. It's scheduled for mid-December. This gives me about 6 weeks of training. I'm feeling pretty confident about this one.

My second goal is to run the Cooper River Bridge Run 10K in Charleston on April 5. This one we have already registered for, and I am super excited. (I mean, a trip with hubby to Charleston is included, so how awesome is this?) However, a bit more nervous and not as confident, yes. But, excited nonetheless. I'll do the Bridge to 10K training for that one starting January and should be good (and well-conditioned) for this race. Should be. Hope to be. Pray I'll be.

So, have you all set any goals recently? Let me know about them, so I can cheer you on! Setting goals is the key to success, so don't waste any time establishing both short term and long term goals for yourself.

And let me know if you want to go running with me in December or April. :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails