Thursday, May 27, 2010

Happy 7 month birthday, Jake!

Say it isn't so! My BABY is 7 months old this week! Parents, I know you agree that "they grow up so fast." But seriously with the second kid....it's unreal how quick time flies.


I have to say that I am enjoying every second of this sweet one's babyhood. He is such a JOY. Absolutely a precious angel.


So.....what's up with Jake at 7 months?


Jake is wearing size 4 diapers and size 18-24 month clothes. I mean, I could SQUEEEEZE him into a 9-12 month, but I want the kid to be comfortable. No one likes their thighs to have the circulation cut off.

Jake is taking two great naps a day at home (10am and 2pm)...about 2 hours each. At school, it's a different story, but none of his classmates seem to be "super sleepers." He is going to bed between 7:30pm-8:00pm and waking up about 6:30am.

My boy is still the champion eater- loving his fruits and veggies and breastfeeding like a champ. He's on a great schedule of eating 5 times a day.
Wake up: Nurse
9am: Cereal and Nurse/Bottle
12pm: Fruit, Veggie, and Nurse/Bottle
3pm: Nurse
6pm: Fruit, Veggie, and Nurse

Little Pook is such a charmer. He hasn't met a stranger and is just so happy all.the.time. I REALLY hope this personality is here to stay because, holy cow, he is the easiest baby. Chad and I just commented this week on the fact that he just doesn't cry. I mean he's definitely spoiled rotten so he shouldn't have a reason to cry, but still....I know I am sooooo lucky.

Jake started school on his 6 month birthday and has adjusted so well. I mean, I know he probably cries at school when he's tired and hungry and they have 7 other kids to tend to, but overall, they say he's very happy and content most of the day.

And the first thing he learned at school?

.....How to sit unassisted!

I'll work on getting a better picture of sitting on the floor for another post. :-)

So, between sitting and blowing raspberries, the tricks just keep on coming!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails