Saturday, May 31, 2014

Mothers Day 2014

With Easter being late-ish this year, Mother's Day seemed to sneak up without warning.

Jake's school hosted a cute muffin snack the Friday before Mother's Day. (Though I am not shy to share outloud that I know these Friday afternoon school parties are more a gift for the teachers because we take our kids home early and they can start their weekend faster.)


But, he gave me a super cute card...
....and a beuatiful handmade vase.

Brooklyn made me something at school, too. She's pretty spot on with everything except for the fact that I have had brussel sprouts maybe twice in my life. BUT, I have been pretty excited about this new side dish in my life, and we have been talking about it a lot (how to cook them, how to flavor them, when we should have them, etc) so she is justified in her declaration that roasted brussel sprouts are my favorite food.

All in all it was a nice weekend that ended with Sunday brunch at our house with the family. Another hard holiday to swallow, but pat our backs we made it, and I am truly thankful for those two precious angels that call me Mommy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails