Saturday, June 14, 2014

Confession Time!

It's time for another confession!

Now, I know what you are saying.

"Jaclyn, what could you possibly have to confess now? You already declared your highest weight on the internet. You admitted freely that you love being a working mom. You happily shared what you do to "cheat" while you eat healthy, and you begrudgingly admitted that you are not Superwoman."

But, friends, I have not shared something deep and personal with you.

My music.

My tunes.

My playlist.

My jams.

Y'all. You would be embarrassed for me if knew what I was blaring in my earbuds while I was running.

Or what I listen to for 5 hours straight when I have to drive for work alone in the car.

I used to think that maybe I have the worst taste in music...but now I just prefer to think I have an eclectic taste in music.

Let's take a quick gander at my music catalogue, shall we?

In just one screen shot, we have Glee, Katy Perry, Broadway, the UNC Clef Hangers, Brendan, Magic, and some more Glee.
Yes, there are some mainstream musicians on there...but what if I told you that Katy Perry was actually downloaded at Brooklyn's request and Rude by Magic was a new song I just heard in Zumba that I loved. Totally did not find it on my own.
 
Looking at a screen shot of artists here....We have the Wicked cast, Casting Crowns, Cher, and Chicago.
 
Quite eclectic, right?

My running playlist?

Even more entertaining...

And finally, Pandora.

This is real, people.

I think I just like songs I can sing to....showtunes, Disney hits, Christmas carols, you name it.

Music is meant to evoke feeling...and these days I want to evoke as much happiness and hope in my life as I can.

Ironically, though, I am not a fan of the Pharrell "Happy" song.

So, if that means blasting "For the First Time in Forever" while running mile 2 or squatting to Wilson Phillips Radio (thank goodness for the most patient trainer ever), then so be it!

So, what's your guilty listening pleasure? Share it with me...and maybe I'll add it to my playlist.

If I can sing along to it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails