Sunday, March 1, 2015

Dear March...

Dear March,

Hey. It's me.
I'm smiling here in this pic, but in reality, I am looking at you with side eyes and a scowl. You are the month I have been dreading for 11 months now. You are the month that comes with the most painful memories. You are the month that changed everything for me. For my family.

But ready or not, here you come.

March, I'm warning you. I am not ready for you. I don't want you. I'm not happy to be in you. I wish I could close my eyes, hold my breath, count to 10, and be through you.

But I have put on my big girl pants today.

And I will enjoy you on the days that celebrate the birth of some of my favorite people. But other than those days...and maybe an occasional Saturday when I can love on my family...I will wish you to be over.

I may even spend March blogging about February since that didn't seem to happen last month.

And maybe it will distract me for a while.

So, March, sorry it has to be this way. I'm sure one day you will understand. I think all the Irish love you, so you won't miss me too much.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails