Tuesday, May 10, 2011

And what a happy Mother's Day it was...

I have always said and will always continue to say what a blessed life I lead. I am so incredibly lucky to have such a caring, supportive husband and such beautiful, healthy children. Sometimes I feel like every day is Mother's Day. But when Hallmark deems it appropriate to mark one particular Sunday a day to honor Mothers, I'll embrace it. :-)

We went to church in the morning and then had a wonderful, yummy (and non-diet friendly) brunch at my parents' house with all 4 (grand)parents and 3 (great)grandparents.

Here is my favorite gift from the day. Brooklyn made this for me at school. I don't know what made me smile more. The fact that she (1) told everyone and their brother what she did the week before but still managed to keep it a secret from me, (2) was so proud that she sewed it herself, (3) told me exactly where we needed to hang it...

...OR (4) the card that accompanied it.


Translation: J is for Jake, A is for apple, C is for cat, L is for like, Y is for yo yo, and N is for Nanny. I love you mom. You're the best mom in the whole wide world. Love, Brooklyn


Translation: I love you Mom. I love you more than a honey comb. [And she was sure to point out that she drew musical notes in the "M" because I like to sing.]

We also made homemade gifts for the grandmas this year. Here are garden pavers with the kids' handprints for Gramma and Nanny.




And finally, I was so excited to meet this precious one on Mother's Day. Bryker Jon was born to McKenzie and Jon on Saturday, May 7. What a perfect, teeny reminder of God's love for us.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails