Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Slow Cooker Bonus Meal: Philly Cheese Steaks

I am trying to find some good meals that I can make in the crock pot during the week (that can cook for 8 hours and not get overdone). Today, we tried...


Philly Cheese Steaks

Ingredients:
2 pounds of round steak, sliced
2 tablespoons of butter, melted
4 onions, sliced
2 green peppers, sliced (we had to omit- remember my sweet, picky husband?)
1 tablespoon garlic pepper blend (not sure what this was but I just mixed garlic salt and pepper together and measured a tablespoon's worth)
Salt, to taste (I omitted since I used my garlic salt.)
1/2 cup of water
2 teaspoons of beef bouillon granules
8 Italian or French rolls, sliced in half
8 slices of cheese cut in half (the recipe called for chedder but I used provolone)


Directions:
1. Combine steak, butter, onions, peppers, garlie-pepper blend, and salt in crock pot. Stir to mix.
2. Whisk together water and bouillon in small bowl; Pour into crock pot.
3. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
4. Remove meat, onions, and peppers from crock pot and pile on rolls.
5. Top beef with cheese and place under broiler until cheese is melted.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails