Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Slow Cooker Bonus Meal: Philly Cheese Steaks

I am trying to find some good meals that I can make in the crock pot during the week (that can cook for 8 hours and not get overdone). Today, we tried...

Philly Cheese Steaks

Ingredients:
2 pounds of round steak, sliced
2 tablespoons of butter, melted
4 onions, sliced
2 green peppers, sliced (we had to omit- remember my sweet, picky husband?)
1 tablespoon garlic pepper blend (not sure what this was but I just mixed garlic salt and pepper together and measured a tablespoon's worth)
Salt, to taste (I omitted since I used my garlic salt.)
1/2 cup of water
2 teaspoons of beef bouillon granules
8 Italian or French rolls, sliced in half
8 slices of cheese cut in half (the recipe called for chedder but I used provolone)


Directions:
1. Combine steak, butter, onions, peppers, garlie-pepper blend, and salt in crock pot. Stir to mix.
2. Whisk together water and bouillon in small bowl; Pour into crock pot.
3. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
4. Remove meat, onions, and peppers from crock pot and pile on rolls.
5. Top beef with cheese and place under broiler until cheese is melted.

Oh.my.word was this tasty!!! It was so yummy! This make rank up there as one of my favorite crock pot meals. The meat was flavored just perfectly and with a little mayo on the roll...YUM! My only critique is that I could have sliced the meat a bit thinner, but really it's all going the same place anyway. :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails